COMPETITION | DEADLINE | PRIZE | THEME | CRITERIA | TEXTS |
1. Must utilize a Canadian text, either original or pre-existing. Some text possibilities will be made available on this website, but the composer is not in any way restricted to these.
2. Original composition, or folk song arrangement.
3. For Optional Voicings: SATB or SAB, a cappella, or with piano, organ. Other (optional) instrumental accompaniment is allowed.
4. 2 to 3 1/2 minutes in duration
5. Unpublished, and not previously performed in Canada
Choir's Favourite (Under 30)
Canada Day 2008! (July 1)
Short listed compositions will be performed during our regular season if they fit into the themes of the Remembrance Day Concert (Nov 2008), Last Night of the Proms 2008) Robbie Burns Concert (2009), Black History Month Concert (Feb 2009), or our Spring Concert (May 2009)
The winning composition is
to be performed in Spring of 2007 at the Harmonia Choir concert. Harmonia
Choir of Ottawa encourages the composer's attendance.
The Harmonia Choir of Ottawa reserves the right to not award a prize.
Deadline for submissions is Canada Day (July 1) 2008. Harmonia will make copies of short listed entries for the chorus, conductor, and accompanist.
There are no restrictions according to race, sex, age or residency. The text may be in any language. Composers may submit more than one piece.
For information sheet, including rules and criteria, you may download this MSWord file INFO
In addition, here are the MSWord Files for
our brochure for the competition
including the a submission form Page1 Page 2
Submissions should be made to the address below
If you would like your materials returned, please enclose a SASE
Harmonia Choir Canadian Choral Composition Competition, PO Box 96, Cumberland, ON K4C 1E5
email to cccc(a)harmoniachoir.com Fax: (613) 833-1994